Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I find Muri Shores?
Muri Shores is located on Muri Beach and is approximately 20 minutes from the main town of Avarua and the airport. We are 500 meters away from the Te Vara Nui Cultural Center in Muri.
2. How do I get to Muri Shores when I arrive in Rarotonga?
We can arrange airport transfers with transfer operators at $25 per person
3. What type of accommodation is Muri Shores?
Muri Shores consists on 4 beachfront villas and 2 lagoon view self-contained villas. Daily servicing or cleaning is not included however the villas are serviced every 3 days. Towels are provided upon arrival and fresh towels can be supplied upon request. There is no laundry facility on site however there is a laundry mat service nearby at a surcharge.
NOTE: There is no onsite reception, Muri Shores is only made up of the 6 villas however management in on call 24/7 for all your needs.
4. What is included when you book at Muri Shores?
Muri Shores has 6 self contained villa’s, each have a separate kitchen and bathroom. Note: the 2 lagoon view villas are located behind the 4 beachfront villas and the lagoon view villas are air-conditioned and elevated to a height of 2 meters. All villas are suited for a couple, or a single person and are fitted with:
* Complementary starter pack - which includes fresh fruit, bottled water, fruit juice, milk, tea, coffee, sugar
* Bedding arrangements consist of super-king beds that can be set up as two king single beds for travelers who wish to have separate beds.
* All linen and towels are provided
* A four-element cooking hob, microwave, pots and pans, plates, cups and cutlery
* Wine glasses, glasses and a coffee plunger
* Toaster and electric jug
* Tea-towels, hand-towels and dish clothes
* Shower (hot and cold gas heated water), toilet and vanity
* WIFI access (user pays)
* A portable air conditioner is available on request for an extra daily rate for beachfront villas AND the two lagoon view villas have air-conditioning in those villas.
* Outside security lighting
* Complementary Kayak per villa
* Complementary use of BBQ upon request
5. What is your nightly rate and do you have a minimum stay?
Our standard rate is $320 per night with a 4 night minimum stay for the 4 Beachfront Villas and $270 per night with a 4 night minimum stay for the two Lagoon View Villas. Currency on Rarotonga is New Zealand dollars.
6. What other forms of transport are there?
Buses: The Island has two bus services, one that runs clockwise and another that runs anti-clockwise around the circle of the Island. Buses are hourly on Saturday between 7am-11pm and Sunday 8am-4pm.
Rarotonga has a number of car and scooter rental outlets, the closest right next door to Muri Shores called Polynesian Rentals and the other a
1 minute stroll away called Island Car and Bike Hire.
7. Are there convenient stores nearby?
Yes, there is a 24 hour convenient store right next door to Muri Shores called TEM Store, there is another store which is a 5 minute walk away from Muri Shroes called Muri Outlet. Alternatively Wigmore's Supermarket is a larger super market store which is approximately 15 minute drive from Muri Shores. Wigmores sells a large range of food items such as fresh bread, milk, vegetables, ice cream, cheese, crackers, tea, coffee and alcohol. You can also fill up your vehicle with petrol.
Most food items, with the exception of local produce (banana's, taro, starfruit, bread etc.) are imported. You can get most items in your local supermarket including cheeses, meat, spreads etc. Prices vary with the larger supermarkets such as CITC and Foodland at Avarua. CITC also has a large liquor outlet next to their supermarket in Avarua.
8. Relevant terms and conditions
Bookings are subject to availability and can be made via our "Booking" Page which has our most up to date booking availability.
A 30% deposit is immediately processed to the card provided via our website and other booking engines at the time of booking to secure your booking - details and the method of payment is included in your booking confirmation email. The remaining balance of payment is made upon arrival. All credit card payments incur a 2.9% surcharge.
10. Children’s Policy:
Muri Shores is unfortunately not set up for children and is only suitable for a single person or a couple.
11. Is there car Parking?
Each villa has their own free parking area onsite.
12. Can you cater for the Mobility Impaired?
Unfortunately Muri Shores is NOT set up for people with mobility impairment.
13. What time is Check In and Check Out?
Standard check in is 2pm and check out is 10am. However, due to flight variability into and out of Rarotonga, you may need to allow for booking extensions. Please discuss with us your arrival time and departure times. If you wish to arrive at 2am in the morning, you will need to secure a booking from 2pm the previous day. If you depart at 3.30am in the morning, you will need to secure a booking until 10am the following morning. Ensure you are clear with us about your arrival and departure time, and remember that Rarotonga may be a day ahead or a day behind you, depending on what country you will be travelling to/from.
14. What is your Smoking Policy?
Smoking inside Muri Shores villas is not permitted however you may smoke on the deck and outside the villas. Please be considerate of your neighbours.
15. How do I contact Muri Shores?
Email us: email@example.com
Call us to book
Mob: +682 52325